Friday, October 07, 2005

I LOVE going to work

Hmmmmm ... let me play with the font a little to convey the correct emphasis

I LOVE going to work. Not to be confused with loving work itself. Don't get me wrong - I generally like my job and work with some great people, but well, the hours are long and the appreciation isn't there like I'd like ... but I digress.

This time of year is wonderful for driving in. Of course, as I say that, it is a glum, dreary day. For the past week, however, it has been practically cloudless. I leave the house shortly before 8, breathing in deeply as I first step out of the front door. The air is crisp, unlike the more muggy days of summer. The trees on our property, some with berries, are just showing a hint of colour, teasing at the coming glory of the fall foliage.

Generally I take the interstate, but occasionally I take the back round in. Either way, I have to take a longish bridge across a river. The river cuts into the mountains, so that on either bank are masses of trees. If there are houses there (and there are), you can't quite see them. After a cool night, a mist rises off the water and hangs just above the slight valley it is in. It is just so peaceful and beautiful and is always a great way to start the day off. I wish I had a picture to post, but it is hard to get a good shot when you are driving 80 miles an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home