Monday, March 20, 2006

Walking for Linda

Linda is my sister. She has MS.

What if everyday you woke up not knowing if you'd be able to get out of bed or hold your child? For many people with multiple sclerosis, this is their reality.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) usually strikes adults in the prime of life - between the ages of 20 and 50. It is a chronic disease of the central nervous system affecting the brain and spinal cord. One new case of MS is diagnosed every hour. It comes and goes unpredictably, leaving people to wonder, "Will I become paralyzed, blind or have trouble walking? Will I be able to raise my family and continue my career?"

I am joining in the fight against this devastating disease. On May 20th I will be participating in the MS Walk in Bristol, VA. I have a goal of raising at least $ 200 to support the National MS Society. I am asking for your help in making my goal. Please click here to view my page for more on my sister and to sponsor me online today. Every dollar means that we are a step closer to a cure.

Thank you!

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hey Janer,

I'm glad to hear your sister's still doing ok. I'm just popping by quickly to say thanks for the card! It arrived today, right on time. Yours will be a little more age related, but you'll see. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home