Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ramblings

First, I got a new phone (free in two - a $100 off a new phone every two years) last week and took some pictures while walking yesterday to accompany this post and I can't figure out how to get them over here! Emailing them to hotmail doesn't work, so I need to get my flash card in my phone and take them off manually. I'll try to do that this week.

Halloween was great this year. Batman was a hit at the PetSmart Halloween party on the 24th and made lots of new friends. He finally met his internet girlfriend Pippy the Pom, but she wasn't that impressed with him in person (little snob in her zebra jacket!). He was more interested in the lovely lady golden retriever, Molly, but she was preoccupied with being anxious over all the activity. On Halloween night he and I dressed up (me as a medieval princess) and headed to church to do trunk or treat - several cars line up in the parking lot and give out candy. Since we don't get trick-or-treaters on our street, this was the only way I could see them! We had 13 cars and figured we had about 110 kids go through. I gave away chocolate and play doh - Sam's Club had little containers specifically for Halloween treats. Kodie was very interested in the toy poodle with the car next to us, but again, she would have nothing to do with him. He did make good friends with the English Bulldog, Tank.

Yesterday was freakin' gorgeous. I miss the snow and ice (on the lake and canel - NOT the road) of Canada in the winter, but yesterday I was revelling in the mid-fall weather here and thinking just what a wonderful area I live in. The air was brisk, the sky a deep blue, the water like glass and the remaining leaves on the trees in the hills a burnt orange and russet colour. . Because I left it too late, we only went and walked around a .75 mile loop a few times rather than hiking a longer trail - I didn't want it to get too dark before I returned to the car. And is there anything more a picture of joy then a little puppy-like fellow running full tilt through the leaves, all four paws off the ground, giant grin on his face and tongue hanging out?

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Sounds like nice weather. We've already had snow here a couple of times, but it melted, thank God! I don't think I would EVER miss snow if I lived south!!

Trunk or Treat...hahahaha, that's cute. That's a good way for people to do it who don't get a lot of kids. Mom and Dad never got too many, being in the country and all.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Janey said...

I miss skiing and skating - not the cold or driving in it! We do have both sports nearby, but they aren't the same. Ah well, will get my hockey fix this weekend!

Even though we live in a subdivision, we don't get any trick-or-treaters here - heck, we got more in Curry Hill then we did in Bristol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home