Sunday, September 17, 2006

Kodie and the Canoe

A lot has been going on lately. I meant to post on here about my first race (3K - came 119 out of 294 and 5th out of 17 in my age group), but time got away on me. Not going to post about it now either. I'd rather blog about this weekend!

Friday night, we drove down to Bass Pro Shop to get our canoe. Yay! We spent both Saturday and Sunday on various lakes (Boone and Wataga to be exact) - and of course, couldn't leave Kodie out! As you can see, we got him his own little life jacket. He has been in a lake before, but wasn't overly thrilled with it, and since you can't be too careful when you are in a manually powered small boat surrounded by idiots in high powered speed boats .... We weren't sure how he'd like it, but he has loved it. He jumped in the water yesterday, thinking that he could catch a heron that had just taken to flight. The look on his face was priceless when he hit the water. Today we put him in for a couple of quick swims to cool him off. The first time he didn't seem to mind too much, but the second he tried to get back in the boat right away. He did appear to enjoy himself while we were paddling around though! All the excitement and fresh air has done him in, however. He's currently in a coma under my desk.




5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Vallypee said...

Awwwwwwww! That's so cute, Janey. I LOVE his little life jacket! I wish my dog liked going in the boat, but she hates it, and barks so much and so frantically that to avoid brain injury we have to leave her elsewhere! Great pics!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Awww - cute little Kodie!! He;s such a trooper. He looks right at home there on the boat, almost smiling. I remember when we used to go canoeing on Lake St Francis...it was so much fun....*sigh*

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Thanks, ladies! I think he's prech too :)

Mar, he was smiling. He had a ball .. when he wasn't in the water! Rest assured, if you come canoeing down here it will NOT be with Ben and Hugo. My feet still hurt remembering that long, barefooted walk back home!!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun day. Very cute photos :)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Janey said...

Thanks, Angelina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home