Wednesday, December 14, 2005

More News

My brother is now semi-coherent. He's still disoriented and sometimes not there, but if you had been in a coma for over a week ..... He is in a lot of pain too and they keep him on morphine. I think the best news is that he is no longer on the respirator. His kidneys still aren't functioning like they should and his pancreas is definitely shot, so they are having to do dialysis on him. There is still a long way to go (like what happened to his pancreas - the diabetes was probably caused by the pancreas, not the other way around), but we are definitely moving forward!

This time a week from now, we will be between Virginia Beach and Philly on our way up north. Our flights zig zag all over the place. I'm excited to get up and visit with my family and friends, although that means 8 nights without my darling little puppy! We'll be mush by the time we get back home!

Lastly, I was getting ready this morning and felt that the bathroom was a cave. Since we have no neighbours behind us (at least on our side of the hill), I opened up the blind. There, in our backyard, were 3 deer. It was so peaceful watching them. When I went back to the window after a while, they were gone. I love living in our little community in the country .

5 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to hear there's been some improvement in your brother's condition.

I'd love to live in the country but unfortunately that would mean no internet and I couldn't live without my addiction!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Good that he's making progress, even if slowly.

Not too long now until you come! Wow, V.B., then Philly, then here - you guys will be pooped by the end of the day! Is Kodie staying with his gramma?

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Janey said...

Thanks, ladies.

Claire - after reading all your broadband woes, I don't blame you! I'm really only about a mile from city limits, but even that doesn't mean much - it isn't built up right there either.

MB - Kodie is going to stay with the vet. Shannon suggested his mom, but she couldn't handle his puppy state and we'd hear about it until the end of time if he did anything. We figure this way, he shouldn't learn any bad habits while he is still in his developing stage.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Have fun at Mary Beth's! Take pics and hug her for me! (lol I told you both to hug each other so make it good!)

Merry Christmas dearie!!

X-Molly

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kid Ric said...

All my prayers for your brother.

Merry Christmas and the happiest of happy New Years.

Peace, love and light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home