Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm Back

I've just been keeping really busy, and unfortunately this place has had to suffer for it. Even this note will be brief, but if things continue the way they have this last week (will elaborate momentarily) I'll have more time to be on here.

April was busy at work with our usual first quarter busy-ness. This was probably one of the least stressful quarters - let's hope that continues!

The first weekend of May, my sister, bro-in-law and niece came for a couple of days on their way to Gatlenburg. Below is the 3 musketeers:
Baby Sarah turned 20 a few days before they came down here, so I surprised her with a birthday photo cake - the picture is her at 11 1/2 months. Her parents couldn't get over it, and had a really hard time eating her (but it was a yummy cake!). In 20 years, this was the closest to spending her birthday with her that I had.
Just to show how pregnant I as at this point (25 weeks), here's me and Baby Sarah (who, yeah, is a hottie):

Two weeks later, I headed to San Francisco for 4 days to take some training for work. I went with a coworker and we didn't book any extra time in (due to me being pregnant and her having some issues at home), but we crammed in as much sightseeing as possible. If you ever go, I highly recommend a culinary walking tour - although we loved the bay cruise with Golden Gate and Alcatraz, the walking tour was both delicious and really entertaining. Oh and Mary, I went in Burberry and Coach at Union Square just for you!

Up until this point, my pregnancy had been going to well. I walked all over San Francisco (including A LOT of hills) with no problems (although on the mile straight up sections, we took lots of breaks). I even got back from 4 days of walking there to go hiking the next day here. The next weekend, I took Kody for walks, although I kept them to just 1.5 miles of flat. Morena was (and is) quite active and made (makes) my stomach bounce all over the place.
Here's a shot of me from a week ago:

Last Sunday, things changed. Shannon was away with his brother in Louisville, KY and was on his way home Sunday afternoon. After some unusual pains in my stomach, I started bleeding and ended up driving myself to the hospital. I contracted for over a day and was kept in the hospital for 2 nights to let my body settle. Although there was a fair bit of blood (to me!), 2 ultrasounds and 2 internal exams (over 2.5 days) didn't show any problems. I was given two shots of steroids to help with Morena's lung development just in case. All her readings were really good - in fact, the doctor and nurse said they were exceptionally good for a 29 week old. That's my girl!

Anyway, now I am on bed rest. For now it is until Wednesday when I go back for a follow-up. For a couple of days I was fairly confident that it was temporary, but since I am back to having contractions any time I'm up more than 5 minutes, I'm not feeling it so much. Luckily (sadly?) I can still connect to the office - gives me something to do! But for now, I need to get more horizontal again, which means putting my computer up.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

I'll say it again...poor you. Luckily you didn't have these problems while you were in San Fran! And what good taste you have to go into Burberry and Coach!! :)

I love the birthday cake! That is so cool.

Rest up! Tell that little baby to go back to sleep so you can have a life!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Janey said...

Shannon was deathly afraid that something would happen in San Fran and the baby and I would have to stay out there 3 months or so (until the baby could travel). Phew on dodging that bullet!

Hopefuly she'll start behaving and I can at least start going out a little!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Janey - rest as much as possible, but remember to enjoy life, too.

I remember having quite strong and regular Braxton Hicks contractions with Jenny (after a day of skiing) and ended up in hospital and kept under observation for a day.
No bleeding, though. That would be scary.

I hope all goes well for you all.

Love
Dale

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Thanks, Dale! I've been behaving, but at least I'm not on strict bed rest anymore. It is frustrating to not be allowed to take the dog for a walk or lift over 10 lbs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home