Saturday, April 01, 2006

Attack of the Head Cold

What a perfect time to get sick for the first time in AGES - the week of my 30th birthday and our 6th wedding anniversary. Before I get into that ..

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED TO MY MS WALK SO FAR! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE GENEROSITY OF MY NET FRIENDS! WE'RE WELL ON OUR WAY TO RAISE $500 BY THE WALK IN MAY.

Anyway, I developed a pretty good head cold on Monday. Dayquil became my good friend. I would have called in sick on Tuesday, but that was when the office birthday party for me was planned. Let me make a comment on that too - loved the American/Canadian flag cake the guys got me.

Wednesday, I was a little bit better - although 3 different cakes didn't help me feel great! I had leftovers from the day before, they had a surprise 30th birthday party (decorated my cube in black) for me and Shannon had a small surprise birthday party for me. Turning 30 wasn't all that bad!

The next day was not too bad coldwise - I survived the business etiquette course and the baby shower for a coworker, but crashed early at home.

Friday, I took off - we were thinking of going away this weekend for our anniversary, but my cold knocked me on my butt. I was absolutely dragging - although it could have just been a sugar crash for not having cake for the first time in 4 days! We decided just to hang around here.

Ironically, I am much better today!

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hey Janer,

I'm glad your birthday went well, despite being sick. Did you get my cards?

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Janey said...

I did - thanks! They actually came on my birthday, so you had impeccible timing!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Stina - All good on the typing :) I'm surprised your card made it in time - I only sent it a week in advance. I guess the key thing is that I have finally remembered the 9th

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Happy Birthday, Janey!

I noticed your profile now says 30! Just like MB...

Hope you're completely over your cold.

Love
Dale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home