Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hello Out There!

Wow - almost 2 months since my last post! In that time, I've been to New York City for a week and had visitors from Canada. It's not that I haven't had anything to say - it's just that with overtime at work, spending all day on the computer, I just don't feel like getting on here afterwards. As much as I love you guys, I'd rather spend time with my husband or puppy (Happy Birthday, Kodie!). This month was also my busy month - every 3 months, I go into overtime for a few weeks. My worst week this month was 64 hours (40 hours regular + 24 hours overtime) - man, do I wish that we got paid overtime! That's the nature of being a professional however - we're exempt from overtime laws. For the most part, it is interesting work, and it isn't ALL the time. Just feels like it sometimes!

Anyway, just wanted to put a quick update out there - I'm off to pick another couple dozen tomatoes. I am completely overwhelmed with cherry tomatoes on my 2 plants. Good thing I like them!

Below are a couple of pictures of us in Central Park in the middle of June:

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hello Miss Janer,

I see you've posted again!! Very nice pictures. I hope you guys had a good time. Bummer on the overtime - I just worked a bit myself, but not nearly as much as you, and I was exhausted.

Who visited you from Canada? Are you talking about your parents' visit?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Hey MB! At least this year is nothing like last year. Last year I worked 550 hours of OT (regular week is 40 hours) - we don't get paid, but at least we do get comp time, although it isn't one for one.

Julie Texeira from the accounting firm I worked at in Cornwall stopped by here with her husband on their way back from Memphis. It was just a night, but it was great to catch up.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

I know it's the way it is, but I still can't believe you don't get paid. That seems so very wrong!!

A friend of mine from my last job is going to NYC today with her family and she asked me to do a write-up for her on where to stay and what to see. I hope I remembered everything that's of interest...they're also going to Washington DC, but I had no problem writing about that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home